Wednesday 9 March 2011

.Getting there!

Getting there!

This week certainly has been enlightening. I finished my degree in 1986 when looking for material simply meant going to the catalogue. While I have acquired some skills with technology over the years, my experiences with the databases have been a first. Trying to navigate my way around sites was a challenge and the tutorials were a godsend. EBSCO certainly a lot easier than Informit, however I have no doubt that each will prove valuable when accessing resources. I feel that I wont feel confident with either database until I have to actually find specific articles for tasks. Creating a folder was easy but I still wonder how to access information from articles or texts that are not on library files? My next task will be examining the referencing system, this area I know has changed significantly since my days at University. So much to read and learn in what is a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment